Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hi....

So Michelle and I have been living here in the Netherlands since September, and finally this Saturday we are getting our very own internet connection! So to celebrate that, and as a happy Thanksgiving treat, I decided that we should finally start our yearlong blog about living here in Maastricht!

Michelle is at work, and I'm at home cooking the big dinner. I hope she brings her appetite... Our menu starts with some cranberry marinated chicken (couldn't find turkey) with stuffing, as well as Mashed garlic potatoes and gravy, Peas and Carrots, Candied Yams, Sautéed brussle sprouts, Seeded bread rolls, spring salad, and some custard Vlaai for dessert.

I know, I know, you're probably wondering what Vlaai is... well, it's a lot like a pie, but with more bread. I'll include a photo of a vlaai I got when my mom visited.

Well, I hope all is well! Do check in from time to time and we'll try to keep this thing updated!

And Happy Thanksgiving!


Chris & Michelle

5 comments:

Dick Lang said...

Wow Chris and Michelle! If we had known what the menu was going to be we would have come for dinner. Anyway best of everything to you.
Love
Dad and Betsey

grannylocks said...

hi

grannylocks said...

Hi Michelle and Chris,
Well Chris you sure put my dinner to shame. The vlaai was very impressive. I sure would like to try that some time. It sounds like you guys are doing fine and having a good time. Everything is going well here and Gramps is good.

Keep in touch.

Love you,

Marcia

grannylocks said...

Dear Michelle and Chris

I don"t have your e-mail address so I will do it this way. Your mom called Gramps to let him know that they are both ok after the big storm. She wanted me to e-mail you and let you guys know also. They are still without electricity and your Dad's shop building was damaged, but they are okay. Thanks for keeping up with your blog Chris. It is very interesting.

Love,

Marcia

Unknown said...

Wow, what a beautiful town! My favorite picture is of your Thanksgiving table and the special guest you had! haha. Really happy you guys are doing so well! Take care.

Kev