Friday, February 15, 2008

Flu and Valentine's!


Due to an overwhelming flurry of requests, this is finally a post by me, Michelle. Ok, so perhaps there hasn't really been a request, but I like to think that you all would like to hear from me too! Unfortunately Chris writes most of the blog posts while I am at work so I haven't been as involved as I would like. So here it goes...


Poor Chris was struck by a nasty flu bug this weekend, leaving him pretty miserable. Luckily he had Monday off, as his tutoring students were still celebrating the Chinese New Year, and was able to recover most of the way. He seems right back to normal now! As for me, I spent the week trying to fend off the bug. Come Tuesday though I noticed my bike ride home was a bit harder than normal and figured I was weaken by the start of the flu. Wednesday came and the ride was ever more difficult and I was convinced the flu had really set in. Then Thursday the ride was unbearably tough. My usually nice ride home left me exhausted and my legs aching. Much to the entertainment of Chris, I brought my bike upstairs for Chris to discover I had been riding with a front flat tire and wasn't sick at all! Nice work Michelle, ha! Tonight I put some air in it and had a fantastic ride home.
'
Also this week was Valentine's Day and we were curious to see if/how it would be celebrated here. Contrary to the explosion of pink and red hearts seen in the US, things were a bit calmer. A few people mentioned the day, restaurants posted specials, but it wasn't much different than a normal day. As for us, we had a typical day too, doing our traditional Thursday night shopping (as the shops are open late that day). I was surprised by a beautiful bunch of tulips when I got home though (see above)! That Chris! Speaking of Chris, here are photos of his new favorite hobby. I'm starting to become convinced that he isn't actually teaching lessons when I go to work, but is learning new guitar tabs, as he always has a new song to play when I come home, haha!
'
Well I hope you have enjoyed my first blog post! I'll be sure to write more in the future. Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day and enjoys President's Weekend (especially if you have Monday off!)




No comments: