Monday, December 17, 2007

Home alone

Michelle is spending the next few days off the mainland in BirmCheck Spellingingham, England to run some experiments with her supervisor from the states who is out visiting, so I have the house all to myself. I've been spending most of my time getting things ready for our guests who will be arriving tomorrow. In case you haven't heard, Michelle parents, Mike and Dana, are coming for Christmas! And just in time for them to see, our tree is all decorated!

So how have I been spending all this time without Michelle? Well, nothing too exciting. I'm currently trying to co-ordinate a multinational operation to get some papers I need to solidify my residency here in the Netherlands. It involves me arranging the paperwork by phone here from Maastricht, so my mom can pick them up in Portland, after calling Michelle in England to get permission to have access to one of her forms, and then bringing them to Salem for an official stamp, after which they will find their way here to Eindhoven, and the IND or Dutch immigration office. If you think you're confused, let me tell you this is just the most recent hoop for me to jump through to stay here for a year! And of course this is after teaching 3 English lessons to some business people in Taiwan... The world is indeed shrinking...

So I celebrated with what the Dutch consider a "Big American" Pizza, and some nice Dutch beer. Maybe a movie will be in the cards too...



Here's to hoping the Berny's listened to my pleas, and brought our little angel with. Goedennacht.
----------------------------------------------------------------->>>>


5 comments:

michelle said...

You celebrated me being gone...with pizza and beer...sad!! Check out the crazy spelling on Birmingham in your post. I'm not even sure how you got it to have that check mark in there! Back to the lab, see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome decorations! You always were very creative. Pizza looks interesting definitly not chicago style. Ha Ha

MOM said...

So you little angel is spending Christmas with me. We have bonded well. She has determined that my bedroom/office is her space and is very protective of it. She of course allows Idny and Shasta in for playtimes of her choosing. I can come in anytime cause we are girlfriends. Rorie says meow, meow,,and she misses you both very much.

MOM said...

Alas...the little angel is with me for Christmas. We have bonded well. She has decided that my bedroom is her place and she is protective of it. She allows Idny and Shasta in for daily playtimes of her choosing. I get to come in anytime of course since we are girlfriends. Love MOM

tim said...

CHRIS
Love the blog... it is nice to know what you are up to... looking at the screen play is going to take longer than expected with everyone visiting for the holidays, but come January it is all business!