Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like...

It's Sinterklaas's birthday today, and I guess even the fact that Michelle and I aren't Dutch doesn't keep his magic away. First of all, we finally heard from Michelle's parent's this morning after what I hear was quite a nasty storm. Hopefully soon my family will get phone/power back too!

Then, I was hired by an online English teaching firm! So I'll be giving instruction via web cam to people in Asia hoping to learn English. And just after learning about that, company in Aachen Germany said they were interested in seeing my resumé, because they too have need for English teachers. So I suppose I'll be adding teacher to the list of job's I've held now. Who would have thunk?

So in order to celebrate, I decided it was time to make things around here look more like Christmas, so I bought a tree! But here they don't cut them down... they leave them in the container, roots and all, so they don't have to go away each year. Of course, Lord knows what Michelle and I are going to do with a tree for the rest of the year, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.




So happy holidays to all! It looks like Christmas might come twice this year :)


Oh, and I almost forgot, Michelle actually got a literal Sinterklaas present in the form of a chocolate message. Apparently he must visit the hospital each year :)

No comments: